Monday, April 14, 2014

Unsubmitted love story

So I wouldn't submit this story because well husband hates to be photographed,
but I can't help but feel all sentimental  over my own story as I read about the love of others.


The man I call husband is far more than I ever imagined.
The lists I made as a teen of the attributes I wanted in a love don't compare.
When we met I didn't think twice about it.
When he asked for a date
I reluctantly turned him down because I feared losing his friendship
but my heart had not yet been healed from my past.
When he asked the second time
my heart had not yet fallen for him.
But as I grew to know him
my heart fell more than I ever thought it could.
He was a man of his word.
Though broken, like everyone else in the world
he knows his weaknesses and has always been open and honest with me.
When he asked that third and final time I was overjoyed that he still fought for me.
As we began to date I  found in him things I didn't know existed in a man.
When he kept our physical relationship to hand holding,  hugs and cuddling while upright on the couch,
I knew this man would protect my heart.
When we he waited to tell me "I love you" until he asked for my hand in marriage.
When on our wedding day his vows reflected christ's love and he kissed me for the first time.
I knew you were a one and only Daka.
And now as we prepare for our unexpected blessing of a child.
He tells me I am beautiful though my face is spotted with broken capillaries after the fourth time tossing my cookies in a day.
Or how he plans for our future and works oh so diligently.
Its been a mere 4 months since we said "I do" and...
I fall more in love with that man daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment