Monday, April 7, 2014

Just a needed reminder to myself.

God is good.
It is in his character to be thus. 
Circumstances can not change his nature. 
It is not for me to call him good when I feel blessed or to neglect this trait when I feel looked over. 

Philippians 4:4-7
 "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS; again I say rejoice.
 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. 
The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 
"Rejoice ALWAYS, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for YOU." 

Today I will echo Daniel in his recognition of God's might
As he revealed the dreams of Nebuchadnezzer to him

Daniel 2:20-23
"Daniel answered and said: Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
to whom belongs wisdom and might.
He changes times and seasons;
he removes kings and sets up kings;
he gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to those who have understanding;
he reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what is in the darkness,
and the light dwells with him. 
To you, O God of my fathers,
I give thanks and praise,
for you have given me wisdom and might,
and have made known to me what we asked of you,
for you have made known to us the king's matter."

How amazing are you God.
You have made all things
When there was no way to reach you because we were dead in our sin
You became the covering for us.
You sent us Jesus to wash us clean.
You seek us out.
Praise be to you oh God.

Psalm 118: 20-24
"This is the gate of the Lord;
the righteous shall enter through it.
I thank you that you have answered me
and have become my SALVATION.
The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone.
This is the  Lord's doing;
it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day that the Lord has made; 
Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment