Sunday, April 13, 2014

Little....Rejoice and be Glad!

Hey there baby,
As unpleasant as today was
I have decided to rejoice.
I may have beaten our all time records
in the upchucking department.
I may have dealt with dizziness,
earaches, migraines, a sore throat
but I will rejoice.
Today is Palm Sunday.
You don't know the significance of that yet 
but I can't wait to tell you all about it.
As much as I love Christmas
I think I'm a bigger fan of Easter.
I've never really celebrated Holy Week.
I think we might have to make it a tradition.
But I really want to celebrate it this year.
I probably won't make any purchases
of eggs that tell the story of the crucifixion
or make any crafts.
But I want to try to take this week to dwell on the ultimate 
love story of all time.
This Friday signifies Jesus' death on the cross.
If it weren't for that life would be void.
He selflessly died for your sake and my own.
His holiness covers our sin when we accept him
and allows us access to God the Father.
Not only did Jesus die...
But Sunday we celebrate that he defeated death
(the punishment of sin)
and rose from the grave!
How incredible!
So today, though my stomach is empty
my head is pounding
and I so desperately want to complain about everything.
I will rejoice and be glad that the Lord cares for you and me.
He sent his only son as a sacrifice for us.
I can't imagine you as a sacrifice.
I can't imaging giving you up.
It makes the weight of what the Father did even more powerful to me this year.
Grow Strong Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment