Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Little....friends like family

Hey there baby,
So today I want to tell you about your honorary Aunt.
Her name is Alyssa.
I know she isn't blood, but she doesn't have to be.
When I started to tell people about you
she was one of the most ecstatic.
She is someone I share my joys, pains, struggles, and triumphs with.
She's moving far away soon, so you may not see her often.
But rest assured she is excited about you too.
Some day when you are bigger, I hope for a friendship like this for you.
Even when she and mum are far apart they want to know about each other.
They pray for each other.
And have high hopes for each other.
Don't get me wrong, things aren't always perfect.
Friends can fight just as much as family.
But when they become like family to you, you can't lose them, just like blood relation.
And you want to know something even more amazing!?!
Mum and Alyssa are tied by and even stronger string than just friendship.
You see we both love Jesus and serve him.
And when people do that they are automatically part of the same family!
Some day when Mommy and Auntie Alyssa are gone from this earth
We will be together again worship God in Heaven!
Isn't that amazing?
We'll get to be together again, with the same goals in mind
bringing glory to God.
So baby, as excited as I am about you joining this little Weideman family,
I'm even more excited for the day when you accept Jesus and join God's family.
Oh I do so pray for that for you.
I can't wait for you to come meet all the people who love you.
Grow Strong Baby

2 comments:

  1. tears... of joy! :-) Wonderful piece. Does this mean that I am the honorary Grandma too?!!

    Love you and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha of course! you Krauss/Pattons are definitely family now.

      Delete