Monday, February 24, 2014

Little.....blessings

Hey Baby,
So I wanted to tell you that although I complain
about the sickness
the pubescent teenager acne
the bloating
the expense of it all.
I think you are a blessing.
Truly and honestly I am so thankful for you.
You were a surprise that's for sure.
But when I think of the miracle that you are I can't help but feel in awe.
In awe that the Creator of the universe is forming you within me.
In awe by how many things have to go exactly right just for you to come into being.
I think that loving you gives me a better understanding of love.
I don't even know you yet and I love you.
I desire your affection and I have the highest hopes for you.
In my desires for you I think of Christ's love for me.
When I reject Jesus and sin against him
he loves me.
When I did not know him he knew and cared for me.
He has high hopes for my future and desires for me to love him so.
I can't tell you that I'll be able to always love you like that
But I can guarantee God feels that way about you even now.
You are precious to him, just as you are to papa and I.
So I am sorry for the complaints.
I'm still learning to be like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment