Saturday, September 27, 2014

Little...The intro

Hey there Micaiah,
Today is day 4 of life for you.
Wow it's crazy how in love papa and I are.
We have been through a lot as a family so far.
I thought I'd write about it so I can look back
and remember how blessed we are to have you.
So I'll start back a few days, 8 days actually.
On Friday the 19th, I was still concerned
Concerned I would never start my labor.
We passed all of your dues dates and were getting closer to having to be induced. 
So we had a Foley Bulb procedure done.
I was dilated at a 2 at this point .
A foley catheter was placed in my cervix,
And the balloon on the end was filled with saline
to help dilate me.
I can home and contractions started!
And they got pretty painful.
And I could time them.
And the pain was a little scary since I was alone.
So papa came home.
And we waited. And called the Midwives.
They told us to stay home at least until the foley came out.
Because then we would know I was dilated to 4 or more.
So I went to bed. And everything stopped.
On Saturday the 20th, I went to have the foley removed.
I was so discouraged.
But even though it hadn't come out on its own it in fact had worked!
Your giant head just kept it from falling out.
So we were a little closer to meeting you.
Sunday came and went.
We skipped church because the exhaustion of being up the last two days
when we thought you were coming
wore us out.
And mom couldn't deal with another week of
"you are still pregnant?"
That night I started to have contractions.
And I figured it was another fluke.
So I went to bed.
5am on Monday the 22nd I awoke to my contractions.
This was it. It had to be it.
But I sent papa to work anyway. They had to keep coming
and get closer and stronger.
So I stayed the morning with Aunt Chayil.
And the contractions spread back out.
Maybe this wasnt it.
but they didn't disappear.
FINALLY around 1pm they were coming 4,5, and 6
mins apart.
We called the midwives again.
Dropped off your cousin at a friends and headed to the center.
Today would be your birthday! Or so we thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment