Tuesday, July 2, 2013

We FINALLY set a date

Daka and I finally set a date for our wedding! God has blessed me with a job and that means we get to move forward in our wedding plans. There is so much excitement and yet definitely some stress. It's not as though I've planned a wedding before, or ever will again and my budget can fit into my pocket so it's going to be challenging. Along those lines there is the even smaller honeymoon budget and the BIG dream of going to Italy ever since I can remember. I even started saving for my honeymoon when I got my first job at 18. Unfortunately those funds have already been spent on the wedding. In addition to the financial situation I am looking to set up our future home and begin working. These are intimidating times but I also can't feel more blessed. I will soon be able to marry my best friend and we will start our lives together as a unit. I can not wait! We plan to marry THIS December, which means I had better get my tush to working to pull it all together. I start the new job August 7th so I have a little bit of time for planning until I begin. I think the Lord is using this packed time to make me into a more organized person. Here is to 164 days till the wedding! If the Lord allows Daka to student teach in Hoopeston then that's all the longer we will have to wait. If not, then we will unfortunately have to move the date back to May. Here's hoping for a short engagement!

2 comments:

  1. God will provide everything you need just when you nees it. I will warn you, sometimes He waits til the last minute, just to make us sweat it. ;) He wants to give us the desirea of our hearts but Sometimes He will change our hearts because our desire didn't line up with what He knows to be best for us. Put your Faith in Him and He will sustain you. So exvited for you guys and what God has in store. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful news on both - the engagement and wedding date. Your #2 mamma is very happy and offers her meager talents of wedding and event planning for anything you need... :-)

    ReplyDelete