Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wedding planning is stressful and expensive and EXCITING!

No one told me wedding planning could be so stressful or that budgeting would feel impossible. But I have learned through this process just how blessed I am to have Daka in my life. I'm such a type A personality and everything stresses me out. Even when things are going well I have this unmerited fear that things will not go my way. Fortunately things rarely go my way and God humbles me. I don't always thank him in those moments but I am thankful for them. Today is a day where the stress is gone and I'm just enjoying it all. Due to the limited budget I am making a LOT of stuff myself. And while that may sound like a chore to some, I absolutely love it. I love knowing how much time and effort I put into the details. I am especially fond of the sweet ideas Daka has for the wedding. He is also so supportive when I feel the weight of the financial expense. Honestly I'm super excited to have a special day to look back on and remember through our years together, but kinda wish I could skip the whole planning thing. Things are not really going my way as far as budgeting. I feel as though I'm cutting so many corners and then another expense crops up to deplete the funds I thought I was saving. Food is the huge issue right now. I have no idea how we will feed our guests. It's no small feat to get a caterer willing to work with the budget I set apart for that. I'd love to put some of my love into cooking a meal but that is definitely impossible because well I'll be a little busy. Oh well. I feel so blessed. All I know about this process is that it has given me a greater love for the man that will soon be my husband. I can not imagine a life without him by my side. Hurry up December because I'm ready for the I do's already!

1 comment:

  1. I remember standing at the back of the auditorium, ready to walk down the aisle to meet my groom and saying, "I'm so glad I did all of this planning and I'm so glad I will never do it again." LOL! I loved the planning (most of the time) but when it all comes down to it, it's all about you and your love. If at the end of the day you're married, the day was successful. Try to enjoy this time as much as you can. It would be good to keep a private journal of your feelings and emotions. I did and I love to go back (almost 19 yrs later) and read it. I wish I'd written in it even more than I did.

    ReplyDelete