Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Constant reminders

Today I'm grateful for the constant reminders of my imperfections. Although I am really not too fond of them when they come they teach me so much. It's been a real struggle lately to truly follow the Lord. With this inner desire to fit in with the girls at school, my coworkers and every crowd I associate with in someway I feel  torn to be anything other than Christ like. While I do believe I truly desire that, I fail at it every single day. Grace is amazing and God's love is abounding so I am very lucky for that. But today I had to check my hearts intentions. I keep reminding myself that to Fear God is to care about his opinions above that of man's. Why do I care so much about my "image"? It gets lonely in graduate school. I have little time for anyone and when I do have time I'd personally rather sleep out of the sheer mental and emotional exhaustion. But God is a giver of rest and luckily this is only a season in life that I must go through. I am rambling. Back to the point. God is good! Really and truly he is the best giver of gifts ever! I am so surprised by his blessings daily and wonder what did I do to deserve it. The truth is I did nothing. I can't do anything to earn his love. That makes it all the better because he loves me for no reason at all except that he created me for his own glory.

I read this recently and you'll probably laugh because it came from pinterest, but it is SO TRUE! "When I say I am a Christian, I am not shouting I'm clean living. I'm whispering, I was lost, now I'm found and forgiven. When I say I am a Christian, I don't speak of this with pride.I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. When I say I am a Christian, I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on. When I say I am a Christian, I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting that I've failed and need God to clean my mess. When I say I am a Christian, I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible, But God believes I am worth it. When I say I am a Christian, I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon his name. When I say I am a Christian, I'm NOT holier than thou. I'm just a simple sinner, who received God's grace, somehow!"

Sometime I admit I don't view it this way. I see myself as better. But the fact is we were all dead in our trespasses. It is by God through his son Jesus's death on the cross that I am made new and alive. Dead to sin and I am FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment